So what’s the big deal about prayer? If you have grown up in church or know Christians, you hear about prayer a LOT. People do it in church, before they eat, when they are hurting, with other people…and if you don’t understand it, it can seem quite weird. Why is prayer so important?
1) It builds and strengthens your relationship with God. It’s impossible to have a successful relationship without communication. The same is with God. Prayer connects you to God.
2) You are speaking to the CREATOR OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! You have that ability!!! It’s an amazing privilege to be able to talk to God. Don’t lose your awe and reverence to God.
3) God wants you to! God desires a relationship with you and wants that connection.
4) It gives us the opportunity to express ourselves, needs, and concerns to God.
5) It gives us the opportunity to praise, honor, and worship God.
6) Prayer changes the world!
7) Even JESUS prayed!
Prayer is more than saying a few words before meals. I challenge you to pray, and to truly pray! You don’t have to use complex vocabulary or have hour long prayers. It’s about a connection with God