So what’s the big deal about prayer? If you have grown up in church or know Christians, you hear about prayer a LOT. People do it in church, before they eat, when they are hurting, with other people…and if you don’t understand it, it can seem quite weird. Why is prayer so important?
1) It builds and strengthens your relationship with God. It’s impossible to have a successful relationship without communication. The same is with God. Prayer connects you to God.
2) You are speaking to the CREATOR OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! You have that ability!!! It’s an amazing privilege to be able to talk to God. Don’t lose your awe and reverence to God.
3) God wants you to! God desires a relationship with you and wants that connection.
4) It gives us the opportunity to express ourselves, needs, and concerns to God.
5) It gives us the opportunity to praise, honor, and worship God.
6) Prayer changes the world!
7) Even JESUS prayed!
Prayer is more than saying a few words before meals. I challenge you to pray, and to truly pray! You don’t have to use complex vocabulary or have hour long prayers. It’s about a connection with God
Prayer isn’t just words. It is a lifestyle. I challenge you to live a life of prayer💛 -Madison
As Christians, I think we can all agree that pastors & those in ministry leadership roles have a HUGE part in our lives. They teach us, mentor us, pray for us, invest their lives into us, and do anything they can to help us further our growth in God. Because pastors are leaders we seem to think of them as perfect or that they have their lives all put together and have no troubles in life. However, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Pastors are human. They have feelings and in fact, statistics say most pastors suffer with depression. Pastors deal with hate, stress, criticism, and so much pressure & expectations from others. Just because they are pastors doesn’t mean they don’t have issues and hardships. Pastors live hard, difficult lives. Ask any person you know in ministry if it is an easy job. I guarantee you that NONE of them will say that it is. Because of all this, I believe it is vitally important and necessary to be actively praying for pastors. Ones you know personally, and those you don’t know. I challenge you to pray for every aspect of their lives, not just the part you see. Here’s a picture I found that has some guidelines of good things to pray for:
In 1 Thessalonians 5:25 Paul asks the people to pray for him and the other church leaders: “Brothers and sisters, pray for us.”
Ephesians 6:19 “Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,”
Guys, pastors need our prayers! They do SO MUCH for us, and have had such great impacts on our lives. Please pray for your pastors and show them love and encouragement